Updated: 3 days ago
- Goggles. I use Zoggs Predator / Zone 3
- Bright colour swim cap (NO BLACK)
- Ear plugs if used when swimming in the pool
- Wetsuit, optional - hire on the day of your swim
- Swim costume
- Flip flops to walk to the lake if the ground is cold
- Swim towel
- Warm loose fitting clothes for after your swim. Try not have jumpers with zips.
- Dry bag to take wetsuit home after your swim
- An old carpet, bathmat or towel to stand on while getting changed.
Arrive swim ready with your swimming costume on.
· You can hire from Denham. The surfing wetsuits cost £4.00 to hire. This can be hired on the day (no booking needed) and paid for in cash or card on the day.
- The 2XU brand of wetsuits are available to purchase from the Denham.
· You can buy a cheap surf wetsuit from Mountain Warehouse, Sainsbury. They are not ideal but will be good enough for your first season.
· You can hire a wetsuit for the season. https://mywetsuithire.co.uk/
· If you are going to purchase a wetsuit, the triathlon, open water wetsuits are recommended and designed for swimming. Buy a few brands from Wiggle or Proswimwear to try them on at home and return the ones you’re not happy with. CHECK THE RETURN POLICY.
· Please be careful putting the wetsuit on as they can tear very easily. Especially with long nails.
· Make sure you measure yourself and use the brand’s size guide. Each brand's sizing is different.
· The wetsuit must feel tight but not so tight you’re so uncomfortable and can't breathe.
· DHB, Zone 3, Blueseventy are a good entry level brands. Do keep an eye out as the prices change.
- DHB, 2XU, Zone 3, Blueseventy, ORCA, Speedo, Zonda, HUUB
Custom made wetsuits are fabulous and made in Cornwall – www.snugg.co.uk
Two Barefeet - Available at Denham
Dryrobes – definitely not essential but are fabulous to have at the start and end of the open water season.
Smoc Smoc - https://www.smocsmoc.co.uk/
Dryrobe - https://dryrobe.com/
Charlie Mcleod - https://www.charliemcleod.co.uk/
If you plan on swimming at Denham on a regular basis you will need to get a NOWCA band. No need to have the band for the intro coached session as I will have all your emergency contact details.
The band costs £15.00 for the year. Register online for your band, and you will collect the band from the Denham clubhouse on your first swim.